Friday, March 23, 2012

So the stomach bug missed Ryan and I again. BUT, I've been sick anyway. I probably haven't mentioned it on here, because I don't want to complain about it, but I have fibromyalgia. For anyone not familiar with fibromyalgia- it SUCKS!! I currently take 2 anti-depressants and Lyrica to try to keep it under control. I also supplement with a daily multi-vitamin, Vitamin D, and magnesium. Then there are the actual pain medications. When I'm not popping pills, I am at my Dr's office and then at the chiropractors once a week. I try anything I can to find relief, including massage and acupuncture. Jealous yet?! Oh, did I forget to mention the migraines?

With all of that, I am fortunate enough that I don't spend every day in pain. I seem to be in a cycle right now of every couple of weeks. If it's not the migraines, then it's the pain and extreme fatigue. This past week has been a combination of both. It started with a migraine on Sunday. Then it evolved into the horrible fatigue. Trust me, this isn't the kind of tired that taking a little nap will take care of. I can sleep all day. Doing a load of laundry is hard work

Right now, I'm just really frustrated and venting. I apologize if this whole post is depressing. It just sucks so much when my 4 year old son says "Mommy, you never feel good". Seriously heartbreaking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment