Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ryan is coming home tonight from his work trip to North Carolina. Both Griffin and I miss him lots. I've really had fun the last couple of days though, spending time with Griffin. I was fortunate enough to get the time off from work, with the exception of today, so that I could just relax and enjoy it. On Tuesday, I was really lucky to get my mother to come over and watch Griffin. It was great to have a couple of hours to myself. I went to the movies to see Valentines Day, and then went across the street to Adagio Spa for a facial.
The time went by way too quickly though, and it really makes me wish that I had the ability to quit working. I hate the feeling like I'm missing all these moments in Griffins life. He's growing up so fast. It's so funny, but over the past couple of days, he's started calling me Mommy instead of Mama. I don't even know where it came from- I always refer to myself as Mama. It melts my heart to hear it though.
He's been learning his colors, so this week I really worked with him. He's done so well, and I think he knows pretty much all of them. This morning when I went to get him out of his crib, he was pointing to all the colors on his blanket and telling me the name of them. He was so proud of himself- he got them all right! I think it's also doing wonders for his speech as well. He's been working so hard to say the colors, that I think it's encouraged him to say more. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I was at the spa with you! I know working and raising a child is really hard...I just want you to know that if you need a friend to help you out here and there I can do that for you ;-)

    Bethany~

    ReplyDelete