Friday, February 5, 2010

So I never thought that I was a person who cared about technology, and gadgets, and such....until I was sitting in the living room the other night, watching tv on the flat screen- in high def. of course. On the end table was my laptop, my Kindle, and my new touch screen cell phone with full internet access. Plus just that day, Ryan installed Sirius radio in my car! I won't even talk about the camera, the Wii, the PS3, and the washer and dryer (I know, technically they are appliances, but they are sooo cool and computerized!)

When the hell did I become THAT person? It's like it's becoming and addiction. Do they have a therapy group for this? Did I mention that all of those were bought within this last year?

It's already rubbing off on my 2 year old. Recently he got irritated when a commercial came on during his cartoons, because normally everything is recorded on the DVR, and we forward through all the commercials. How spoiled is that!?

I guess that I'm just shocked that I find so much pleasure in having all these gadgets, it's really starting to rival my fondness for baked goods. Don't be surprised if you see me on the next episode of Hoarders. I'll be the crazy lady looking for the family pets and the chocolate cake that I bought the week before, buried underneath the mountain of "toys" that I can't part with.

Ok, I really have to get off this computer now, I'm feeling the itch to shop for a GPS........or maybe an iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment