Saturday, January 30, 2010

Who says that you can't clean your house in a matter of 20 minutes? AND give your kid his 2nd bath of the day because while you are cooking dinner and cleaning, he decided to take his poopy diaper off all by himself (because he's a big boy, mumma).
Tonight we were supposed to go to Ryans parents house to celebrate their 40th Anniversary. It was planned for me to cook the dinner, which meant that I was bringing all the food and cooking it there. Well, I never really gave it much thought about how much work it is to pack up all that stuff- so at the very last minute, I called and asked everyone to come over to our house. So then our mad dash to clean (some might say that thowing everything into boxes and stashing it in the closet isn't considered cleaning- I say screw them!) began. That's when Griffin decided to pull the diaper stunt-I guess that peeing all over his crib the other day wasn't bad enough.
Lucky for me, Ryan stays calm while I'm about to lose my shit! Ok, that's probably not the best choice of words in this situation- but really, I was about ready to go over the edge. Turns out that a couple glasses of wine takes care of all that-and lucky for me, there was plenty.
The night turned out really nice despite the setbacks. I made a rib roast, baked stuffed seafood, au gratin potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, and salad. My sister-in-law brought the Sangria, and a yummy red velvet cake. It was a feast for sure. My mother and father- in law did not want a party, so it was the least we could do to celebrate 40 YEARS!!

By the way............HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHARLIE AND GAIL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment