Monday, February 20, 2012

We dodged the bullet, and neither Ryan or I got the stomach bug! Yeah! Griffin is past it and feeling so much better now. Everything is back to normal in the Karcher house.

Ryan's cousin hosted a family gathering/potluck on Saturday. I was so glad that Griff was better and that we were able to go. There was so much delicious food, and of course lots of wine. For my part, I made homemade Cheez-its and a loaf of beer bread. I was hoping that Griffin would just love the homemade Cheez-its and never want to touch the other ones again. Nope. He hated them. However, they were a big hit with the adults, and I received lots of compliments. My personal favorite of the night though was the chocolate chip cheddar. Yup, you read that right. Chocolate AND cheese, c'mon how could it possible be bad. I need to find out where they got it, and stock up on this stuff. Seriously, what a great PMS food!

On Sunday, my friend Angela and I had our "chick-flick date". Her and I usually get together to see movies that neither of our husbands would be caught dead seeing. This time it was "The Vow".  Now, Angela can be pretty emotional during movies, so we brought a couple of tissues in preparation. She should have brought in the whole damn box. I am not kidding when I say that she cried through the WHOLE thing. Luckily, I grabbed tons of napkins for my popcorn because she was out of tissues before we got half way through it. It was good though, not Oscar worth or anything, but in terms of totally indulgent chick flicks it rates right up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment