Sunday, February 5, 2012

Such a busy week. Griffin has been fighting a cold all week, and tonight my throat is really sore. Ugh! One thing after another.

Griff and I ran a bunch of errands yesterday together. I decided that I had had enough of his hair and it needed to be cut. So I made a last minute appointment. Big mistake! It was one of the worst hair cuts that I've ever seen. She cut his hair dry. I thought that was odd, but I went with it. So by the time she was done, it was really kind of staticy and messy, and I couldn't tell how bad it was. I ended up having to fix it today. There was no way that I was letting him go anywhere like that! It's pretty bad when I can cut hair better than the person that I just paid.

Last night we went to my nieces wedding. It was one of the prettiest, most touching weddings that I've ever been to. I don't usually cry at weddings, but found myself very choked up at a couple different times last night. I think because my niece, Fawn hasn't always had it so easy in her life. It didn't matter though, and she made a good life for herself. When she met Erin, she wasn't out yet and I know it was very hard for her to admit it and tell everyone. Since then, she's really been happier than I've ever seen her. They are a very cute couple, and obviously very much in love. They compliment each other well. It sort of felt like she had come full circle last night. I couldn't be more proud.

My favorite part of this whole week though had to be when Griff and I were grocery shopping, and right there in the meat department, he said "Mommy, I love you more than a hundred rocks". He knows how to melt my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment