Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am totally getting Griffins cold. Woke up with a sore throat, and a general feeling of complete crap. So I went to bed at 6:30 tonight. I was all cozy and snuggled up, and sound asleep until Ryan came in at 9 to go to bed himself. Wouldn't you know that I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep! I've taken some Tylenol PM cold medicine- keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be snoozing again soon.

Tomorrow it's back to work after a much needed 6 day break. I could really get used to this. Today Griffin and I went out to lunch with my mother. Okay, so taking a 2 year old out to a restaurant isn't really relaxing and pleasurable, but it's the opportunity to be able to go out to lunch, and spend time with my mother that was really nice. I suppose Griffin wasn't a complete terror, but the complete refusal (including the mini-tantrum) over sitting in a high chair was just the start of me trying to eat as fast as I could to get the hell out of there ASAP! We also had the trying to climb on the table moment- because he wanted the salt and pepper shaker that I had said no to about 20 times, and the running around the restaurant- almost knocking into the waitress carrying food moment. Maybe the next time that my mother wants to go out for lunch, she won't take it personally when I pass.......I'll have more opportunities to enjoy lunch when Griffin is about 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment