Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where is the maid when I need her? My house is pig sty, and it's driving me nuts. Seriously. It's bad. However, All the painting is done. I also got a built in liquor cabinet and a new fireplace mantel custom made. I can't complain. I've spent some of the day trying to catch up on cleaning and organizing, but the fact that I'm sitting here blogging means that I didn't get too far. We're heading over to my in-laws for the afternoon, so it doesn't look like a clean house is in my future.

On a more positive note, I'm counting down the days until our trip to Arizona. I need to still check out the website for Phoenix and get some ideas of things that we might want to do or see while we are there. So far, the only thing on my agenda is the zoo. I have 4 more days to fill up, so I need to start planning.

In a very grown up adult move, I finally purchased some luggage. We're always borrowing it when we need it and don't have any decent suit cases our selves. It probably took me a week to pick out a set, and it felt like I put more thought and energy into that than I do when making major purchases. Can't have black because it's hard to pick out of the line up at baggage claim. Can't be too big, and not too small. Oh, and how much does it weigh, because I wouldn't want it be heavy before I even pack it. It worked out well though because by the time I finally settled on a set, it was on sale, and I was able to use a coupon, AND I got free shipping!

Yes, sometimes it's the small things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment