Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I feel as if I haven't posted in such a long time. Since we got back from Arizona, I've had tons of laundry, house cleaning, and just stuff in general to catch up on. There's so much to write about, that I don't even know where to start.

During my vacation, I seriously think Griffin had more temper tantrums than he's had his whole life. I had such high hopes, that I think that I forgot to take into account how being jet lagged, overtired and 3 years old would manifest. I imagine that our neighbors in the hotel must have thought that there was a serious case of child abuse going on in our room. I'm slightly surprised that a manager never came knocking on our door to check things out.

Our flights both to and from were great. I have to give Griffin some credit and say that he did better than I had expected on the plane. The start of his bad behavior started when we got to the hotel. I wanted him to change into a different shirt. A perfectly nice, cute shirt. He was not having it. He cried and yelled and carried on. Over a shirt. If it wasn't so irritating, it would have been funny to listen to him tell me that it looked "awful", and that my grandpa wouldn't like that shirt.

It wasn't all bad though. We had beautiful weather for 5 out of the 6 days. We went to the zoo, a Native American museum, an aquarium, and we took a ride through Tonto National forest. Best of all I got to see my Grandfather and basically got to know my aunt and her family a little better. So even though we had a rough time with Griffin, I'd definitely go back.

Things seem to have gone back to normal since we've been back. He caught up on his sleep and got back to his regular routine. To think that I was considering making plans for a Disney trip! I think that I'm going to wait a while before we do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment