Friday, July 9, 2010

It's been a pretty busy week, and this weekend will be no different. Last night, Ryans' mom decided to have a cookout at her house. Ryan, being that man that's so in touch with emotion, asked me why she'd want to do a cookout when we'll see her tonight and Saturday. I had to explain to him that there was a good chance that since she just lost her mother, she may want to be surrounded by her family. Besides, we don't question, we just do!

Tonight we have the wake from 5-8, and family needs to be there at 4:30. The actual funeral and burial itself will be tomorrow, followed by a get together at my in-laws in the afternoon. I promised to make all the finger sandwiches and also some pulled pork. I may try to make a cake or some other type of dessert as well. Which means that I really need to go to the grocery store today.

Besides family stuff, we're still dealing with getting the pool started. We had the second water delivery, so it's now full. We have an electrician scheduled to come over on Monday to get it all wired and grounded so that we can finally get it running. It's been a long, HOT week and I have the urge to just jump in that thing everyday. I can't wait for it to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment