Friday, November 19, 2010

So do you love manicures, but won't get them because your nail polish is chipped and ruined within a day? I just had a manicure today and got this new shellac that they call the "2 week mani". Maybe it's not new, but I hadn't heard about it until recently, and I'm so excited about this. It is still your natural nail, but they polish it in some special shellac polish (it comes in colors or french) that they layer on and cure it under a uv light. It doesn't come off, even with polish remover! So to remove it you have to go back to the salon. Anyway, I had it done today and my nails look fabulous! I can't wait to see how well it lasts, and how it looks as my nails grow out. Here's a link to the one that I had done

http://www.cnd.com/Consumer.aspx

OPI makes one as well, but for my nails my salon recommended the Creatives brand. I will totally update my blog with my whole nail situation and how well it lasts. If you're wondering where I went to get this done, it's at the Skin Health Medi Spa. I know other places do it, but I just LOVE these girls. They are all super friendly, and welcoming. I haven't had a bad service there yet, and I go a pretty frequently. Here's the link for them

http://www.doverskinhealth.com

2 comments:

  1. keep posting abt it...i would like to hear...
    my friend was super mad when she got this done b/c you couldnt get off with nail polish remover--does the salon charge you again if you come back to take off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a pic of my nails Lorraine. I love them! I knew that they wouldn't come off w/polish remover so I was prepared for that. I'm not sure whether they charge to take it off or not- I would hope not though!

    ReplyDelete