Friday, August 6, 2010

My first day back to work sucked just as much as I thought it would. I was 2 minutes late. I forgot that I needed to stop and get gas, and then when I got there, I had a hard time finding parking. My manager wasn't there, but really I was thinking "is 2 mns really a big deal?" I'm rarely late. The last time that I was late was about a year ago when my babysitter didn't show up on time. I didn't think too much about it, until I noticed that my manager had actually put it on my record.

By the way, yes, it wasn't a typo, it was TWO minutes!!!

So the two managers that were sitting up at the desk, said nothing to me (not that they talk to anyone anyway) but they made sure that they notified my mgr. In high school weren't those childish micro-managers called "hall monitors"?? It's now the end of the week and my manager still hasn't even mentioned it to me. Just one more reason to love my job!!

1 comment:

  1. do you have to punch a clock or do you 'check in' via computer? either way, i think that is soooo irritating. the last job i worked at changed us from salary to hourly and punching a real clock really irritated me...but i was only doing it for last 2 weeks before i had baby! i think employees are happier and therefore work harder when given a little leeway. i am sure you have worked 2 minutes past when you had to, as well.
    just my two cents! ha!

    ReplyDelete