Sunday, September 5, 2010

Unless you REALLY have to, stay away from emergency rooms on Saturday nights. How do I know this? Well that's how I spent my early morning.

I worked yesterday, but I should have stayed home. I had a migraine that just wouldn't quit, and really it just seemed to get worse with medication. By the end of my shift at midnight it was so bad that I couldn't even stand it. I was nauseous and vomiting and even dizzy. I tried to call my Dr's on-call number twice but couldn't get a hold of anyone. So my friend Sherry at work drove me to the ER.

First of all, there's nothing like sitting in the ER waiting room with a migraine. I don't want to complain because I'm sure that there were people that needed to be seen way ahead of me, but I would have gladly waited in a dark room if they had offered it. Oh, and forget about the really strange people waiting in there with me. All I can say about that is WTF???? The guy that ended up being treated in the room next to me was there under arrest because he was tearing apart his apartment and beating himself up. The nurse asked him if he had a history of mental illness. Um, isn't that obvious?!!

So they when they finally started treating me, they were kind enough to dim the lights in my little room. I got a nice IV (you should see the bruises) with a cocktail of 3 different drugs. I don't even remember what they gave me. I fell asleep and about an hour later they came to check on me. I felt better, so they released me. So at 4am I had to call Ryan to come pick me up.

When I finally got home, I was wiped. I ended up sleeping until 2:30 this afternoon. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and I finished reading a book that I had been looking forward to finishing last night. It's not how I wanted to spend my holiday weekend, but atleast I'm feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. i think you should get a long weekend redo!
    i posted a good recipe on my blog...check it out www.furrymonkeys.blogspot.com and pics of kids' school too :)

    ReplyDelete