Monday, January 23, 2012

I don't really have a bucket list. I'm too ADD to remember anything long enough to put it on a list! However, I have always wanted to learn German. My mother is from Germany, and moved to the US when she was 17. She actually had to teach herself to speak English when she got here! Funny though, she never taught any of us kids to speak German at all. When I was a kid, it would drive me crazy when she'd be on the phone or we'd be visiting one of her friends and the conversation was in German. I just knew she was telling them something important, and I wanted to know!

Recently I came across a deal on Groupon for language lessons, and I thought that I would take the opportunity. It was only $25 for 6 months of online lessons from LiveMocha.com. I've never heard of the website, and I don't know how well it's going to go, but if I walk away with some basics, then it would be worth the $25. So I started it last night, and honestly it took me a little bit to navigate the site. Once I got into my first lesson though, I really enjoyed it.

I was going to surprise my mom, and when I got at least a little bit proficient, I was going to knock out some funny sentence. But, I couldn't wait and told her this morning! I figure that I'll need to practice and who better to do it with?! I'm going to try to get Griffin to work on some of the words with me as well......wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment