Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's a season of trying new things for me. So recently I signed up for Birchbox. For $10 a month, they send you 4-5 deluxe beauty samples every month. I was so excited when I got home from work and saw my first box sitting on the counter. It was like Christmas all over again! Couldn't wait to see what goodies were hiding in there. I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed. I got some lip gloss, and some nail polish (not sold on the color of the polish though). A small Larabar- love those! A sample of Juicy Couture perfume which I'm considering buying now. I really like it! Then there was a small bottle of eye firming cream. I'm not calling that a sample- I'm calling it a small bottle, since it's going to last me forever. If you love beauty products, and really what girl doesn't, I recommend trying Birchbox. So much fun!

BUT, my big recommendation in the beauty product department is Blinc mascara. Holy crap is this stuff awesome! I spotted it at a spa that I went to for a Thai massage (oh, there's something else that I recommend!), and the massage therapist couldn't stop raving about it. It's on the pricey side, I won't lie, but it's so worth every one of those 25 dollars.

What makes it different from other mascaras is that it forms tubes around each of your lashes. You apply it just like a normal mascara. That being said, it does take a little bit of practice to get it right. The mascara is wetter than other mascaras that I've used, so I have to be careful because the tips of my lashes hit the top of my eye near my eyebrow and leave mascara smudges. The brush also separates the lashes a bit, and I tend to like the fuller look- I have found that if I put the layers on very lightly I can achieve the fullness that I like. So yes, I recommend more than one coat, but each coat also adds length- noticeable length! The instructions are included, but make sure that the lashes don't dry in between each layer.

Once it's dry and the tubes have formed, it doesn't come off. Meaning you can rub your eyes, you can go swimming or work out, and it doesn't flake. It only comes off with the combination of warm water and slight pressure. Then they slide right off! It looks like your lashes coming off, but it's just the tubes. So cool. I'm kind of like a kid and honestly find that taking them off is part of the fun of using the mascara. Well that and the fact that they make my eyelashes look a mile long......



1 comment:

  1. i missed the birchbox and now i am on the wait list! we will see...

    ReplyDelete