Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm woman enough to admit that I wear plus size. Haha! "Woman enough" get it? Ok, seriously though, I don't have a lot of weird hang ups about my body. I don't spend my days crying over it or being disgusted by the mirror. I spent way too much time in my teens and twenties worried about how "fat" I was (I totally wasn't fat!) and letting it hold me back. I'm not sure what changed my thinking, but it's changed, and let me tell you that it's liberating to be comfortable in your own skin.

 That being said, I have some weight that needs to come off. It's not about looks, it's about health. I need all the energy that I can get. We're doing another Biggest Loser competition at work starting this week, and I'm pretty excited for it. I lost 16lbs during our last one. Of course it ended right before the holidays, and I gained about 4 of it back. That's ok though, it means that I'm still down 12lbs. My goal is to get under 200 lbs. Yup, I said it! My name is Shannon, and I weigh over 200 lbs. Anyway, I'm generally a healthy eater, but I have definitely been indulging in the sweets since the holidays and I look forward to getting back on track. The sweets taste ohh so good, but boy do they make you feel ohhhh so bad. I don't know about you, but I certainly feel a huge difference in my health when I make sure that I eat a balanced diet and get in all my veggies and fruit.

So what's my point in all of this? Well, since I am getting back on the wagon, that means I'll be making the effort to cook a lot more. I love to cook, but really it's very time consuming for a busy mom. It beats takeout though, and usually my cooking is better anyway. So be prepared for me to post some of my favorite recipes or new recipes that I'll be trying out. I recently got a few new cookbooks, and have spied some yummy stuff in them. Can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. yeah you for losing the weight :)
    i like to think abt the weight i need to lose as i go to bed at night...then i say i am going to do better the next day...then i do nothing different. well that isnt so inspiring is it? really do need to make a change (yes, i started to sing the MJ song in my head...what is wrong with me!)

    ReplyDelete