Sunday, January 15, 2012

I have to thank my friend Kelly for getting me totally addicted to the Pinterest website. Seriously addicted. Checking my iPhone app multiple times a day kind of addicted! Never heard of it, neither had I until Kelly brought it to my attention. It's basically an online pinboard, a place to collect and organize all the things you love. Come across a cute craft- pin it, an awesome recipe- pin it! The cool thing is that it's not just your pinboards, you get to view everybodys pins. So the website is loaded with awesome ideas, recipes, fashions, crafts, you name it.

Now, a lot of people spend a lot of time just pinning and looking at the site, but I'm proud to say that I've actually made some of the crafts that I pinned. So much fun. I'm feeling newly inspired and very crafty lately. There are also a bunch of very yummy looking recipes that I plan on trying out very soon as well.

Yesterday I went to my nieces bridal shower, and it's the first time that I've ever been excited about my gift. I couldn't wait for her to see it. I copied these ideas, and made them my own. With a little help from a friend, I did the framed picture. I thought it would be nice with a pretty quote, so I added that to mine. With the wedding invite, I put hers in a small glass bottle instead of the ornament. I couldn't find any ornaments at the craft stores and I didn't have time to order them online. The bottle actually worked nicely, and I also tied the matching bow around the top. That is one of the quickest and easiest gifts I've done, but it got a ton of ooohs and ahhhhhhs.

Pinned Image


Right now I'm working on Valentines for Griffins class. It's another easy, but very cute craft involving crayons. You could use, the broken loose ones that are just laying all around the house. If you don't have those, it's still cheap enough to buy a new pack. Aren't these adorable? I did ours star shaped instead- more appropriate for my boy.





1 comment:

  1. cute ideas!!!! i always think i am going to do something w crayons and i had a couple of bags and finally tossed. oh well! haha

    ReplyDelete