Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I don't know if it's because it's the 3rd time that I've done this, or a different midset, or even because of the Zoloft, but this IVF cycle feels so different. Different in a good way. It's just been more relaxed. I don't spend all my days and nights obsessing about whether or not it will work. I felt this way somewhat going into the IVF cycle that I got pregnant with Griff. In an effort to be completely honest though, my insurance covers IVF. That is HUGE!!! So I'm sure that part of the difference is not having to worry about the financial impact, or how we'll afford IVF.

Don't misunderstand me though. I really would like to have another baby. I just know that there isn't much that I can do one way or the other to make IVF work. I take all my meds faithfully, and do what my Dr tells me, of course. Beyond that it's all a gamble, and I'll deal with the hand that I'm dealt. I know that if doesn't work, we'll try again. I'm just not sure how many more times we'll try.

So today was the big day- the embryo transfer. They thawed the vial with just the one embryo first, and it survived!!! So we transferred just the one, but Dr Bayer did say that it was a great quality embryo. I'm not sure of what my chances are of getting pregnant from just the one embryo, but again I'm staying hopeful. I'll take a blood test next Thursday.....can't believe that in only 9 days I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment