Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I need a break- from migraines that is!! I've spent the last couple of days trying to get rid of an evil headache. I've been getting them a lot lately anyway, but then I started a new medication that tends to cause them. Oh lucky me!! So common sense would say to try a different med, or go off it, right?! But I can't.

The reason I can't is................

Ryan and I are trying IVF again, and if all goes well, we'll be doing a Frozen Embryo Transfer next week. So I've been hormone loading in preparation. I've really gone back and forth about telling anyone because I really don't want the added stress. So basically, don't ask me constantly if I'm pregnant, or if it worked, etc. Just wish me luck, and trust that if I do get pregnant, I'll let everyone know as soon as I feel comfortable.

So, why now you might ask. Well, Griffin will be at least 3 before a new baby would be here, and I think that's a good age difference. Also, I keep reminding people that it wasn't easy for me to get pregnant the first time, and it doesn't get any easier the older you get. I know that 34 isn't old by any stretch of the imagination, however it really is getting close to "advanced maternal age". I know a lot of people thinks that's crap, and good for them. However, when you can't get pregnant in your 20's, you tend to look at it a bit different.

It's so weird to comprehend, but we have 3 embryos on ice. The first vial has 1, and the other has 2. So they will thaw the vial with 1 first, and if that survives, we'll try just transferring the one. If it doesn't survive the thaw, they will defrost the other vial. I know that in all reality my chances aren't high with frozen embryos, but I'm hoping that since we have the 3 it will work out. Of course, if the FET doesn't work, we'll start the process right from the beginning and do a fresh cycle.

It's very exciting. I know it's for a good cause, so I do accept the crappy side effects of the medications. I just wish that I felt as good physically, as I do mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment