Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FET......take two. Ryan and I went back to the Dr today to follow up on our failed cycle and make plans for the next transfer. Turns out that I can start right away. My Dr had some concerns about the medication protocol that we had used because of all the headaches/migraines that they caused me. Basically, if I do get pregnant, I'd be on them for 10wks and he wasn't comfortable with me having headaches that whole time. So we're trying some completely different meds this time. They are actually trying to line it up more closely to my regular cycle, and at the end I will be able to skip the progesterone completely! So basically, I have a medication that I will start tomorrow and take for 5 days, then about a week later I will go for an ultrasound and some blood work. If all is good at that point- I will go for the transfer about a week after that.

Also, my Dr was wrong about our 2 remaining embryos. He thought that they were frozen together, but they are not. So we will transfer just 1 again this time. Ryan is absolutely petrified of having twins. I can't say that I blame him. Before we had Griffin, that was my ideal. I wanted twins so that I would never have to do IVF again. I really don't want twin infants and a 3 yr old. I'm sure that we would make it work, and be grateful after it's said and done- but I certainly don't want to take the chance if I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment