Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am bored out of my mind!

Who would have thought that it would be hard to take it easy? I just couldn't stand it today, so I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce and meatballs, and then I baked snickerdoodles. Both were really yummy, and I was craving a good homecooked meal, but I am paying the price for it now. My head is pounding right down to my teeth. I guess that I way overdid it today.

So it's back to hanging out in bed and watching movies. Good time of year for that atleast. Last night, I watched The Polar Express, Christmas Vacation, and The Santa Clause. I've probably never mentioned this, but I'm a holiday movie junky!! Really, I am. From the cartoons, to the really corny ones, to the classics, I love them all. My dvr is set to record just about any holiday movie I could find. Not to mention my own dvds that I have sadly not watched yet this year. It wouldn't be Christmas without watching Holiday Inn or White Christmas- Bing's voice just melts my heart! I have to watch Meet me in St Louis. It's not necessarily a Christmas movie, but to hear Judy Garland sing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, it's perfect. Then I also have Love Actually- I just actually love this movie to! My absolute favorite holiday movie though, is A Christmas Story, and I don't watch that until Christmas Eve. It's my own little tradition in my house since Ryan doesn't like the movie (seriously, I married a guy that doesn't think that F-R-A-G-I-L-E is hysterical).

I'm raising my kid right though. I'm starting him young, and instilling in him the importance of watching holiday classics. With any luck, in a couple of years, I'll have a buddy to watch A Christmas Story with me. This year, I'm starting him off slow. He's watched all the holiday versions of his favorite cartoons like Dora, and then I've slipped in some classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman in there. So far, Frosty is his favorite! I tried to get him to watch Santa Clause is Coming to Town, but he wasn't really into it. I guess that he wasn't a fan of the Burgermeister Meisterburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment