Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I had my pre-op appt on Tuesday. It went exactly how I expected that it would. Just my luck, I got the nurse that says I'll only be out of work for 1 week. Interesting since my friend who had the same surgery was out of work for 3 weeks. Not that I'm expecting the worst, but I certainly don't want to be rushed back either. I don't even get the splints taken out of my nose until 1 week after surgery.

I am so ready for Christmas! I put my tree up & it's almost completely decorated. It looks so pretty! I love when I get home at night and Ryan leaves it on for me. I have almost all of my shopping done. The things that I have left to buy are just small odds & ends. I've actually wrapped about 1/2 of it already as well. I ordered my Christmas cards, and they came in today. While I'm laying in bed recovering, I'll probably get them addressed. I've never been this far ahead during the holidays, it feels good.

My friends at work had an early birthday party for me tonight. It was really nice, and very sweet of them to do. They made me a delicious dinner, and baked a cake. Because they know me so well, they all pitched in for a gift certificate for my favorite spa. Good timing, because I'm going there on Friday. I have to have the shellac removed from my nails. That stuff is seriously amazing. I only have 1 nail that has chipped, but because they have grown so much I have to get it removed. Plus, I can't have any nail polish on for surgery. So on my nails, I would say that I got 10 days of perfect polish. Not bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you have a happy AFTER birthday shannon. good luck with surgery

    ReplyDelete