Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I went back to work yesterday, and I'm back out and in my bed today. I have been really sore still, but figured it was normal. Today I had a post-op, and well, it didn't go so well for me. Turns out that the reason that I'm so sore is because I have a lot of "junk" up there that is too thick and not draining. So the nurse practitioner used a suction tool and got some of it out. It felt like that thing went all the way up to my brain. It freaking hurt! It was seriously the most painful part of this whole thing yet.

Needless to say, I may have started hyperventilating, and I may have come close to passing out. Now obviously the nurse practitioner does this all the time, and is just chatting away giving me instructions as I feel all the blood draining from my head and I fight to keep my eyes from rolling back. Finally she looks at me and notices that I could be going down. She promptly puts my chair back and raises my legs until I can get myself together. To make this whole thing even more fun- Griffin was there and sees the whole thing. So in the middle of it, I'm trying to comfort him and reassure him that Mommy is ok.

I get myself together and feel well enough to leave, but now I'm in horrible pain, my head is pounding and I'm sick to my stomach. As soon as I could, I had to stop and get a drink and some crackers so that I could swallow down a Vicodin. I got home after dropping Griff off at daycare and just crashed in my bed. I've felt like crap ever since.

So the build-up of "junk" was causing a lot of pressure, and also causing a lot of inflammation. She said that is probably why I was still in so much pain. As opposed to what she did to me today?? Ugh! I get to start doing a sinus rinse and take a decongestant, the hope is that it will help a lot with loosening everything up. Good God, will the fun ever end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment