Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The blood work came back and it's official...I'm not pregnant. So if that's all you came here to find out about, you might want to stop reading now. I'm about to shamelessly ramble on about my cute son because I had a nice day with him, and it makes me feel better.

I'm glad that it worked out and I had the day off. I think that it really helped me with my crappy mood to spend the day with Griffin. We ran errands this morning, and then went over to Bethanys house for a visit. It was nice and the kids had fun playing. While Griff took a long nap this afternoon, I tried to catch up on some laundry. The laundry did nothing to help my crappy mood- but I had to do it!

I thought that we were going to have a quiet evening and kick up our feet, but Griff and I ended up taking a ride to the "animal store" (Petco) for the second time today. We bought Tiny a new cage this morning, but some of the pieces were broken! Stupid thing was $45, so I brought it back and got a new one. Anyway, Griff was so excited to be there again and see all the animals. I thought that the ferrets were going to be his favorite since they were really active and playing, but all he wanted was to go back and see the guinea pigs. If I didn't think that Ryan would kill me, we would have come home with one......they were so cute!!

So, I'm curious whether or not 2 year olds typically have a sense of direction? When we were heading to Dover, he got really mad at me for turning right and getting on the highway. I think it's because that's the way we go to bring him to daycare (and that is not where he wanted to go today). He kept yelling at me "no Momma, go dat way!!" and pointing back to where we came from. I had to keep explaining to him that we had to go this way to see the animals. He finally stopped once we passed the exit that we would have taken for the daycare.

It's not the first time that he's done this. There was a time that we were at a store, and we were heading to Ryans parents. The route that we took, had us heading back towards our own house and he got really upset. "No my house, I go see Nina" is what he kept saying until we turned and it was clear that we weren't going home. It kind of amazes me, but maybe it's totally normal.

He's doing and saying things every day that really amaze me and make me laugh. If I ask him if he's Mommys baby, he responds now with "No, I Mommys big boy!" It melts my heart every time. Then when I ask him my name, he'll say Shannon, but sometimes he'll say Mommy Karcher. He, He!! He knows the name of all the shows on Nick Jr and even the names of most of the characters. He has no interest in counting. I try all the time to try to get him to count with me to 5, but he couldn't care less. He plays this little game with me where he'll want me to sing the ABC's and when I do, he'll sing Twinkle, Twinkle over me. So, I'll switch to Twinkle, Twinkle and he'll start singing the ABC's. He is such a smart ass!

Well if you've read this whole thing, all I can say is "thanks for humoring me". After getting another negative, it's kind of therapeutic. I need to remember to celebrate all the moments in Griffins life, and to count my blessings. Not that I'm ready to give up just yet, but he really could be my only child, and I don't want this time to just pass me by.

PS....I'm not in the mood to go back and re-read or edit this. So I'm sorry for all the mistakes and mispellings. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. shannon, i am glad you got to hang out with griffin and enjoy him.
    i remember patrick being very mad one time that korey just took him for a short ride somewhere instead of to aunt kelly's house where he thought he was going. he was actually rebuckling his seatbelt to stay in the car.

    and i am sorry abt your news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, I appreciate it. That's too funny about Patrick. It really does amaze me how smart they can be at this age.

    ReplyDelete