Monday, June 21, 2010

Ryan and I headed out at 6:30 this morning for our 3 hour drive to the Dr's. An appointment that honestly only lasted about 15 minutes. Hey, had to do it though. Basically, Dr Bayer said that he was pleased at my response to the meds, but that he thinks that he's going to increase the dosage next time. He gave me the option of using my frozen embie or doing another fresh cycle. I've decided that doing another fresh cycle makes more sense, since I only have one frozen embie. If it doesn't survive being thawed, then I have no backup, and the cycle would be cancelled.

He still thinks that I'm a good candidate for the single embryo transfer, however he is leaving it up to me if I want to transfer 2 at a time. Part of his concern for me with twins is the preterm or even premature labor since Griffin was 4 weeks early. So, I'm still debating on one or two. I also asked about supplements or herbs, since so many women that I've talked to swear by things like the red raspberry leaf tea, etc. He said "NO!". He's not comfortable with them since they are so unregulated, and the way that they could interact with the meds. He assured me that I'm doing everything that I can do, and really it's up to fate at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment