Friday, June 25, 2010

My intention is to completely enjoy this break I'm taking before I attempt IVF again. The process of IVF and infertility in general is so consuming, it tends to takes over your whole life. Your every thought revolves around it. I'm ready to think about something else for a while. Last night, I made a whole blender full of Midori Coladas, I drank the whole thing, and enjoyed every sip of it. YUM!! How perfect that this little break happens to be during the summer. Perfect timing for some fun!

Next week, I'll start on a temporary new shift at work. I'll be working from 4p-midnight. I think that I'm going to like this for the summer, and if not, hey it's only for 2 months. Currently, Griffin goes 3 days a week to daycare, but it's only for a couple of hours a day. I've decided that for the summer, I'm going to bring him there for full days on those 3 days. So I'll get up in the morning and have a couple of hours with him, and then bring him to daycare, and then come back home. It will give me a chance to take a nap (since I'll only get about 6 hrs of sleep), and get some stuff done.

I was really hesitant about the daycare arrangement at first. I was so worried that I would miss my guy terribly, but when I thought about it more, I realized that I'll have all day on Wed and Thurs to spend with him. Plus, I will also have every other Friday off and he won't go to daycare at all those days. Overall, I think that I'll still be spending the same amount of time with him. Why do I still have a tinge of guilt about it??

Speaking of summer fun...... we have a tentative date for the pool installation of July 9th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. Ryan says that the ground is as ready as it's going to be. If we can get it up soon, then we'll have atleast 2 months to enjoy it before it gets too chilly here. I think that after all of this work, we're going to be waiting until next year to build a deck for it. I'm also thinking about a stone patio leading up to it, and I'm going to work on talking Ryan into an outdoor fireplace. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment: