Thursday, April 22, 2010

Currently I am curled up on my couch wishing that I could down a bottle of wine. It wasn't a bad day, just an exhausting and interesting one. This morning Griffin and I met up with Angela, Bethany, and Betty and all the kids. We brought them all to an indoor climbing gym. The kids had an absolute blast. You can check out the equipment at www.playsmart.com I really thought Griff was going to cling to me and be all shy, but he was barely ever even near me! I'll have to post some pics of all the kids. The gym actually had a basketball court and a mini soccer field, and even a separate area for the toddlers.

After the gym, we took the kids to Friendlys for lunch, and it reminded me of the reason that I don't bring Griff to restaurants very often. He's not a rotten kid, I promise, but he is VERY active. Just picture my 2 yr old climbing over the table to take m&m's out of Jillian's ice cream sundae because his had strawberries and he wanted chocolate! Oh yes, that was just one of the fun things he did at the restaurant. It was not a leisurely lunch by any stretch of the imagination.

So by 1, I had already had a full day, but there was more in store for me. On my way home, I made a quick stop at my families furniture store. We were only there for a short time, but I changed Griff's diaper when we got there. By the time we left, he had pooped. Not a problem, but since there are now customers in the store, I decided to just change him in the car. So I pick him up, and carry him out- thinking "boy you really stink". Well, I lay him down and see what appears to be dirt smeared all over his clothes. Um No.....I guess Griffin decided to put his had down his pants when I wasn't looking. Are you gagging yet, because I sure was!

Ok, because that wasn't fun enough, I now have poop covered clothes in the back of my car, and my kid is riding home half naked. Wouldn't you know that about 100 ft from my turn, traffic is blocked off. So we wait and wait....and wait. There is a firetruck parked going across the street, so I can't see what's going on. Then Griff hears a "hewicopper" which I notice is REALLY loud. So I'm looking everywhere for it, can't see it, until I open my moonroof- and it's right above us. I'm not talking way up in the sky above us- I mean RIGHT above us. Holy crap!!!

I guess there was an accident and someone needed to be flown to a major hospital. So the helicopter landed right in front of that firetruck. Now, I just happened to have my camera on me since I took pictures at the gym. What are the chances of that? I am way too tired tonight to transfer the pics off my camera, but I promise that I will try tomorrow. By the time we got home, Griffin needed a shower in the worst way, the dog needed to be fed, I had a bunch of chores, and I had to get our new hamster settled. Yes, amid all of that, I picked up a hamster from a co-worker that didn't want it any more. It's a dwarf hamster, and about the tiniest thing I've seen. Very cute. Griffin and the cats love our new friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment