Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The whole chicken debate is still going on. I have yet to make progress at convincing Ryan that it would be neat. It's not going to stop me though. I have spent countless hours on the internet looking up chickens, and chicken care, and coops, etc. My friends all think I'm crazy...except for Kelly. I called her last night to ask her about her neighbors chickens (who by the way did not stink!) and found out that she has been seriously considering raising chickens as well!! I am so excited by this.

She ordered us a book about raising chickens, and I shared some websites for her to check out. Today, I went online and compared breeds, and I am deciding which ones would be right for me. I really like the Easter Eggers- they are hardy enough for the cold weather here, and they lay blue and green eggs. C'mon, that is so cool.

On a way more serious note. I talked to my mother in law last night, and Ryans gram isn't doing so well. She has been fighting cancer, and it appears that the cancer is winning. At her last apt, they found that the tumors are growing and that the chemo is not working. She was given the option of continuing the chemo or not. I think she is taking a couple days to think about it.

Speaking of grandparents, I called my grandpa the other day. He sounded so much better than the last couple of times that we've spoken. He said that he is still having some difficulties, but overall he's better. This makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment