Monday, April 19, 2010

Ryan and I went to Massachusetts today for the embryo transfer. Because the morning traffic is always horrendous on Rt 128, we gave ourselves 3 hours to get there. Well, wouldn't you know that it's a holiday in MA today (Patriots Day & Marathon Monday), so there wasn't any traffic. We got there almost an hour early! Better early than late, I guess.

The transfer itself went ok. Not as easy as all the rest that I've done though. Apparently, I didn't drink enough water, so it made it harder to see my uterus on the ultrasound. I don't even know how that's possible since they only recommend 6-8 oz and I drank almost my whole water bottle. The nurse gave me a lecture that next time, I should make sure to drink enough water. I hope that there won't be a next time.

If there is a next time, I guess that we will have to do a fresh cycle. I only had 2 frozen embryos left, and the first one they thawed today didn't survive. So, I have no frozen embryos left. It kind of makes me a little sad.

My blood test is scheduled for Wed the 28th. So now I just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment