Sunday, April 4, 2010

Guess who got really lucky, and didn't have to make desserts this morning! The place that I ordered my pies from ended up being open today. Oh, they were sooooo worth it to. I thought that I got a key lime pie, but it was actually a key lime cheesecake. Then Ryan saw a pear, ginger cheesecake and got that to. YUM!! Overall, it was a really nice Easter. I kept all the food really simple so that I wouldn't have to slave away in the kitchen all day. The weather was gorgeous and I actually got to enjoy it a little.

Ok, so this is going to sound like it's coming from left field somewhere, but I want some pet chickens. Yes, chickens! It's something that I've considered, but never really thought that I could do it. Well, I watched an episode of Martha the other day, and it was about raising chickens. So, I started looking it up, and I think it's totally doable.

Ryan is NOT on board with the pet chicken thing. So it may be a while before I can do it, and it may involve a lot of begging. I'm not talking about a lot of them. I'm thinking just a handful of chickens will do, and no roosters. From what I've read so far about it, chickens are social and friendly, and can be a lot of fun. Of course, the fresh eggs would be a nice bonus.

This website has a lot of good info, and they even sell all the supplies. www.mypetchicken.com

I'll keep everyone updated on how the Karcher chicken debate unfolds..................

No comments:

Post a Comment