Saturday, May 8, 2010

I have been reading on other blogs and some infertility boards today about how rough tomorrow will be for a lot of women dealing with infertility. It brought back a lot of memories of how I felt when Mothers Day would come around before I had Griffin. How it was so unfair that I wouldn't be celebrating Mothers Day myself, and how robbed I felt. Infertility is a major test of physical, emotional, and mental strength.

Today has also reminded me of what my therapist at the time used to tell me- Be Kind To Yourself!! Infertility makes a lot of women question every move they have ever made in their lives- could I have done something different? did I do something wrong? did I do something to deserve this? We beat ourselves up, like we had any choice in the matter, when if fact it is so beyond our control.

So, I've already posted this advice a couple of times today elsewhere, but I wanted to say it here as well. To all the women who dream of being a mom, and have not yet held their miracles in their arms- celebrate Mothers Day tomorrow for yourselves. Celebrate your strength, your spirit, and your determination. For all the hopes that you have to get the opportunity to be an incredible mom, and for all the dreams you have for your unborn child, you deserve it. Mothers Day is a day to celebrate the spirit of a mom, her love and her sacrifice. You should acknowledge these qualities in yourself. Remember how important it is to be kind to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment