Friday, May 28, 2010

My ovaries look wonderful!!! I don't know the exact follicle count, but the right side is the leader. The biggest follicle is measuring 16, and then there are a whole lot of smaller ones that were like 10-11. So I will continue on my current dosages of the 2 meds I'm already on, and now I add in the 3rd shot. I'll do this for 2 days, and go back for another ultrasound and bloodwork on Sunday morning. I'm so glad that I'm doing well, but I'm starting to feel the discomfort of all those follicles. Not long now though, and I'll be going in for the egg retrieval.

In the meantime, I'm spoiling Homer rotten. His surgery went well. He's still really sore and tired though. We've been given strict instructions on what he can and can't do. For now, we have to keep him on his leash when he's outside, even to go to the bathroom. He can't climb the stairs. No exercise whatsoever, and we have to keep him as calm as possible. For the first 5 day, we have to ice the knee 3-4 times a day, and then after 5 days, we have to apply a heating pad instead. After the 5th day, we will also have to go through range of motion exercises with that leg. Last night I slept on the couch so that I could stay close to him since he can't come upstairs with us. I feel so bad for him that I may be doing that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment