Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today is my mothers 70th birthday!! So even though she won't be reading this, I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday!

Excavation on my yard started Tuesday, and I can't believe how different it's already looking. It's very exciting. Of course, Griffin is so happy to watch the backhoe digging. He sits in the window and watches constantly. Luckily for me, he does have a little fear and is scared to go near them. So I don't have to worry about him unlocking the door and going outside to check it out. No worries- I still watch him closely, in case he changes his mind.

Sooo, I don't know if I should be counting my lucky stars, or if I should wonder why we have the crappiest luck. Homer went to the vets yesterday for his annual check up. He's had some issues with one of his back legs for over a year now. At his last visit, the vet said that she could see some stiffness, but no big deal, and to give him supplements. Well, over the past year it's gotten worse and sometimes he can barely move it. So yesterday at his check up, they decided to keep him for the day and do x-rays.

Well, my dog needs surgery for a partial rupture of the cruciate ligament, which is the ligament that connects his tibia to his femur. Oh, and he's also already showing signs of arthritis in his knees. Surgery is scheduled for next week, and between the visit yesterday and the actual surgery, this will be over $3000. GULP! Did I mention that we have to limit the activity of my Labrador Retriever-who lives in a house with a 2 yr old- for 2 to 3 months? So obviously, this is the unlucky part of the story.

Lucky for me, I overestimated the amount of money to take out for a loan to do all the yard work and pool. So, the surgery will all be paid for. Am I lucky or what??

Today brings a whole new set of crap my way. Granted, it's not nearly as much of an issue as my dog, but regardless. I called my mail order pharmacy to get my prescriptions, that I may need this weekend, rushed out and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Well, most of my meds are in prefilled syringes or pens, except for one. For that one, my Dr forgot to order me needles and syringes, so my pharmacy wouldn't send them anyway. WTF! So I called the Dr's office and they called it right in, but the delivery date is 5/27. I'm stressing out. I emailed the pharmacy since I'm at work and can't call them, but I haven't heard back. I don't know if I need this shot right from the beginning, or if I can wait until the 27th. The headache.

Here's my list of meds that I will be taking: Luveris (shot)
Gonal-f (shot)
Ganirelix (shot)
Ovidrel (you guess its, another shot)
Crinone (how fun, a vaginal suppository)

Oh, and just for the record, can I say "I told you so" about who would be in the AI finale?! LOL. I'm so happy. I have loved Crystal all along, but Lee has just blown me away. It's a tough choice, but I really want Lee to win it. We'll see next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment