Thursday, May 6, 2010

Recently Ryan and I have been giving serious thought as to whether we should buy a piece of land and build a house, or whether we should invest in ours and make it the way we want it. It's a tough choice. There are a lot of things that I do like about my house, but the land itself is very challenging. Because most of the land is sloping, it's hard to do anything without spending lots of money. The thought of building and moving just seem so overwhelming to me though.

My brother just finished the screens for our new porch, and installed them about a week ago. I love it! It's so nice to sit out there and not worry about the bugs or the sun. It's really made me think twice about wanting to move. So, we contacted someone about doing some excavating, and land work. He'll come on Monday and give us an estimate. Right now we want to level and probably fill an area next to our driveway. Ryan wants to put in a shed, a sandbox for Griff, and maybe a garden. I want him to also look at a spot for the chicken coop, and a POOL!!

Yup, I'm pretty sure that I'm getting a pool. I have always wanted one, but Ryan really doesn't. Well, Griffin loves the water as much as I do! This summer, I will be temporarily changing my shift and working from 4-midnight, so I'll be home during the days. It's the perfect time. Of course, there's no way that we can afford an in-ground, but there are some very reasonable above ground pools. So now we just wait for the guy doing the land work, and see what he has to say. I'm sooooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment